The Dorso

We know motorcyclists like to show off. If you've got pictures of your bike, show it off here.
Motorcycle(s): Current: 2011 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 and 2006 KTM 250 EXC Past: 1984 Yamaha FJ600, many dirtbikes

The Dorso

Postby Dorsofin » October 18th, 2016, 11:29 am

First night of ownership

Some day she will be riding...

Yes I am drunk as hell.... tots jk on this one i dont drink
Yes my girlfriend's helmet is 3 sizes too big....
Yes I am upshifting into neutral with the right side gear lever

first time off pavement

so hot

she thinks she can do anything...

Buena Vista ferry

fjordin

glad to say that my bike is now louder than this prius

proud to be italian?
also it seems as though it would be odd to have a scenario where 51 adults were drowning but only 6 children were...

so over the top with the tricolor flag

not a long enough run up to hydroplane so i paid $2 for the ferry

who'd you call a ferry?

My bike matched the scenery...

horrible day to ride...

;(

Ok i hated the guido theme paint job. but man it sure was purdy paint

shiny

safety first.... followed by a clean work space.....

im thinkin the polka dots on my swivel would look pretty sweet on the dorso...

i couldnt get over how cool these paddock stands are... except the brand name. I love to picture a group of sales guys sitting in a room together naming this product. "Dynamic Moto Power" There has got to be an engineer or designer cringing in the corner....

this is the stock 180/55, a lot of guys in the aprilia forum seem to think a 190/55 wont fit. I cant speak for a 190/50, but the 190/55 fits, fits great. More tire, more better. What the hell is the point of the 190/50 tire profile by the way? That looks like the worst possible shape for a tire.

Still the 180/55 and don't mach my lack of tread... it was still dry and there is still tread, it may be running away from the contact patch, but there is still some.... I'm just making race slicks :shh:

there's just something about mary... and her peak...

Still need to replace my flexpipe handiwork with a stainless piece

I dont understand how but the dorso feels at home in the slime even with a road tire on. I think taking the weight out of the rear helped it feel more at home like a dirt bike.

just love the way the leo vince wound up pokin out.
Before i tidied my tail. that rear fender dongle is absurd

mmmm carbon can

lacking tidy.

thats the new 190/55 roadsmart in there... it fits. i got the "gravelroadsmart" :D

what? mud? on my high performance italian sports bike!

waitin out the storm? what are covered bridges for?

Dirtiest shes been yet

Cut out the silly cat so I don't have to sit on top of a woodstove anymore. I cut it right above the O2 sensor, so that it is the same height as the other joint.

I got this for $100 from the formula team at the university i went to. It weighs about 5lbs. It is actually for a single cylinder crx/f-450.

I know I'll probably hear a lot of flack for this... you've eliminated back pressure blah,blah. Come on guys its a tube with fiberglass in it. At best an exhaust system on this bike could net you a 1HP gain but truly the improvement is in the weight reduction and furnace removal. There was no way I was gonna fork out $1500 for weight reduction. I love the look of the stock exhaust but it sounds like a prius. I dont really think the aftermarket cans look that good, and the idea of going 2-into-1-into-2 just seems silly and obviously heavier than just the one shorter can I went with.

I think that this sounds unbeleivably good but not obnoxious. It is probably at least 5 hp louder, but I'm unsure of power gains aside from far better throttle response. The handling is significantly "improved" the bike is so much more nimble but this can feel unstable when getting used to the absence of the 40lb well above center of gravity.

I love the way the exhaust cover tied things together in the rear. BUT come on!?!?!? This thing is truly appalling... nuff said

Ok guys, I dont know if i should be frustrated or who or what to be frustrated with. DO NOT buy a tail tidy!!!

One of the many brackets holding together the highly complex and elaborate silly rear fender IS a tailtidy. Ill take some pics of what I did.

One of the license plate brackets has 2 bent tabs already. I simply bent them from ~60deg to 90deg and added 2 holes. I cut a bit off just to clean it up but you could easily do it without cutting/drilling anything.

almost forgot, whoever said the 190/55 doesnt fit has a different bike or at least different year. It fits with room to spare.

DONT get the 190/50. I dont understand this tire, doesnt seem like it would be good at anything. the 190/55 is just like a bigger better 180/55. I have the dunlop roadsmart its pretty great.

Tail Tidied FOFree

again the 190/55 in there. tons o room. better tire.

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ducati M900sie, 2016 Multistrada

Re: The Dorso

Postby TelemarkSean » October 20th, 2016, 9:05 pm

Cool bike. It looks beautiful/ugly in the same way that most Aprilias do. We should have local Aprilia meet up one day.

Return to Show Off Your Bike