Lane splitting. Again

That's right...anything about motorcycles...right here.
Motorcycle(s): I ride Ducks and Zuchini's

Lane splitting. Again

Postby st. Mats » March 13th, 2019, 4:40 pm

Lane splitting bills are being considered again. It looks like we already have enough support to pass the house bill and there isn't any resistance. The Senate will likely follow suit, but we need to write some letters to make sure the momentum doesn't die. I've been asked specifically, if I can round up some people that are in Lee Beyer's district. Please let me know if you'd be willing to write some letters. Thanks!
Currently parting out:
2009 Ninja 250
92 Katana 1100
2001 Aprilia RST1000
2004 Ducati Multistrada
Buy parts! Help me clean my garage!

Motorcycle(s): 08 R1200 RT, 79 XS650, 08 FLHT

Re: Lane splitting. Again

Postby orforester » March 23rd, 2019, 10:22 am

HB2314 is the lane Sharing bill. it is currently stuck in committee, by Rep Caddy McKeown from Coos Bay, district 9. We need voters in that District to write, call e-mail her to allow the bill to go to the floor. The bill has 19 sponsors bi-partisan. Her concern is safety. Mine is safety too! I don't want a texting driver stuck, frustrated in traffic, late for dinner to run into the back of me in traffic. The Cal Berkley study proved it was safer than sitting in the lane, less injuries to rider. And her District has no roads it would apply to. But she has the power to hold the bill up. Please any of you on Coast contact her!!

Return to General Discussion